BRUNSWICK, Ga. -

A Georgia medical examiner testified Wednesday that autopsies of the eight victims killed inside a mobile home four years ago died from multiple blows to the head from a long, thin weapon similar to a nightstick.

Guy Heinze Jr. is charged with eight counts of murder, once count of aggravated assault related to the toddler who survived the attack, plus two counts of drug possession. The victims included Heinze's father, uncle and six other members of his extended family.

If he's convicted of murder, prosecutors will ask the jury to sentence 26-year-old Heinze to death.

Dr. Edmund Donoghue told jurors that an autopsy showed the defendant's father, Guy Heinze Sr., suffered multiple skull fractures and internal bleeding around his brain, indicating he had been beaten with extreme force.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation medical examiner said autopsies on four victims -- Guy Heinze Sr., Rusty Toler Sr. and his adult sons, Russell Toler Jr. and Michael Toler -- showed each suffered dozens of injuries including deep lacerations, skull fractures and internal bleeding.

Victims of Aug. 29, 2009 murders

Glynn County mobile home murder victims (strip)
Guy Heinze Sr.45
Russell D. Toler Sr.44
Russell D. Toler Jr.20
Chrissy Toler22
Michael Toler19
Michelle Toler15
Brenda Gail Falagan   49
Joseph L. West30

View photos, details of victims

Donoghue said the injuries the victims suffered were the types of injuries he'd normally see in victims of car accidents or someone falling out of a building.

The jury was shown graphic autopsy photos of the victims. The won't learn until later in the week if any of the victims had alcohol or drugs in their systems.

Also Wednesday, the Heinze Jr.'s entire 911 call was played in court and the first Glynn County police officer to arrive at the scene testified that recovered a 16-gauge shotgun from the truck of Heinze Jr.'s car that appeared to have dried blood on it.

The defense argued that Lt. Keith Stalvey's testimony contained information not included in his incident report, and under cross examination admitted he couldn't be sure it was blood.

"No sir, I wasn't certain it was blood," Stalvey said.

The trial is expected to last two weeks.

Superior Court Judge Steven Scarlett has ordered the jurors sequestered until the trial ends to keep them from exposure to news coverage and chatter about the trial outside the courthouse.

Testimony will resume on Thursday, when more first responders are expected to be called to the stand and DNA evidence will be introduced.