GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Fla. - Local, state and federal officials seized what they say is stolen property and arrested five people on Thursday after a raid of a strip mall in Green Cove Springs.
Officers says they arrested the men after a search warrant was executed earlier today at the V&J Store, Green Cove Wireless and More and a laundry mat, all located at 526 Orange Avenue.
The businesses are owned and operated by Abas Issa and Yousef Issa -- two of those arrested.
According to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, the arrests were the result of a two-year undercover investigating of an organized theft ring. During the operation, authorities say the subjects purchased merchandise alleged to be stolen.
- Abas Issa, 45, of Orange Park, charged with five counts of organized dealing in stolen property.
- Yousef Issa, 41, of Fleming Island, charged with three counts of organized dealing in stolen property.
- Antoun Arbaji, 35, of Jacksonville, charged with three counts of organized dealing in stolen property.
- Emad Abduljaber, 46, of Jacksonville, charged with dealing in stolen property.
- George Salameh (not pictured), 54, of Jacksonville, charged with various federal violations.
All were booked into the Clay County Jail.
The arrests resulted from a joint investigation by the Green Cove Springs Police Department, the Clay County Sheriff's Office, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigations, Homeland Security Investigations.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.