ORANGE PARK, Fla. - Clay Electric serviceman Steve Warren was on a service call in Middleburg when a customer began experiencing a medical emergency and members of his family began yelling for help.
Warren responded to the house and saw Bruce Wisor in distress, not breathing and with a bluish tint to his skin.
Warren noted that Wisor was not breathing and did not have a pulse. With the help of an electrician, Warren placed Wisor on his back and began chest compressions. After Warren performed chest compressions for some time, Wisor's eyes opened and he sat up.
Emergency medical services checked Wisor out and said that everything appeared normal but recommended that he go to the hospital, but he declined. The emergency personnel said that Warren's actions likely saved Wisor's life.
Steve Hollingsworth, Clay Electric's Orange Park District member relations representative, called Wisor Friday morning to ask out how he was doing. Wisor said he was feeling better and had already made an appointment to see a doctor. He was very grateful for Warren's actions and wanted to express his thanks.
Clay Electric Safety and Training Manager Lee Hicks said this incident is an example of why the co-op provides employees with CPR and first-aid training every two years.
"This is a great example of how training here at Clay Electric helped a member of our community," Hicks said.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.