Firefighters say TV caught house on fire

Headline Goes Here

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Northside family of seven was able to escape their burning house Tuesday morning.

Jacksonville Fire-Rescue responded to the house on Broward Road and was able to contain the flames to one room, but there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.

"We ran out of the house, the windows start busting out," said Joann Stapleton, who escaped the fire, along with two other adults and four children.

Firefighters believe a television set malfunction started the fire.

Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.