Man hospitalized after fire ravages home

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A man was hospitalized after his house was gutted by fire Tuesday afternoon, according to Jacksonville Fire-Rescue.

Firefighters were called to the 3800 block of Rancho Road on the Westside.

They said the man was taken to St. Vincent's Medical Center to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was careless smoking.

Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.