JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The 72-year-old man who died in a Wade Street house fire early Saturday morning had been identified as Herman Moore, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
The fire broke out about 5 a.m. at the house in a street just off Forrest Street and Edison Avenue -- within sign of the intersection of Interstates 10 and 95. By the time Jacksonville Fire-Rescue arrived, the fire had spread to houses on either side of the victim's home.
Detective Andy Redding of the State Fire Marshal's Office says foul play was not suspected. Investigators say a space heater was in the room with the Moore, but they cannot yet conclusively say if that was the source of the fire.
Copyright 2012 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.