JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - During this season of giving, the Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation announced it is investing $415,800 into neighborhoods throughout Jacksonville and surrounding areas through partnerships with 40 nonprofit organizations.
Bi-Lo is the parent company of Winn-Dixie Stores. Bi-Lo, which owns 685 grocery stores in eight southeastern states, moved its corporate headquarters to Jacksonville after acquiring Winn-Dixie.
"The Bi-Lo Holdings Foundation is thankful for the immense support and contributions of our suppliers that enable us to provide these funds to the local organizations who work tirelessly to make our communities better places to live," said Mary Kellmanson, foundation president and Winn-Dixie's senior vice president of marketing. "We look forward to growing our relationships with these organizations over the next year."
Grants were awarded to charitable organizations with missions that address the issues of hunger, education, health, women or children. The foundation reviewed applications from several hundred nonprofit groups and conducted reviews of their services and reach within each community.
The Jacksonville region grant recipient organizations are:
- Aging Matters in Brevard
- America's Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia
- American Red Cross Northeast Florida
- Boy Scouts of America, Central Florida Council
- Bread of the Mighty Food Bank, Inc.
- Cathedral Arts Project
- Children's Home Society of Florida, Buckner Division
- Christian HELP Foundation, Inc.
- City Kids Art Factory, Inc.
- Clara White Mission, Inc.
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida
- Community Connections of Jacksonville, Inc.
- Crosswinds Youth Services, Inc.
- Daniel Memorial, Inc.
- Farmworker Association of Florida, Inc.
- Friends of Jacksonville Animals (FOJA)
- Good Samaritan Health Centers, Inc.
- Great Kids Explorer Club, Inc.
- Halifax Urban Ministries
- Hope at Hand, Inc.
- Hubbard House, Inc.
- I.M. Sulzbacher for the Homeless, Inc.
- Jewish Family & Community Services, Inc.
- Junior League of Jacksonville, Inc.
- Kids House of Seminole, Inc.
- Mentoring Families and Kids, Inc.
- Operation New Hope, Inc.
- PACE Center for Girls, Jacksonville
- Pie in the Sky
- Prenatal and Infant Health Care Coalition of Brevard County, Inc.
- Samaritan Ministries, Inc.
- Seminole County Victims' Rights Coalition, Inc.
- Seniors First, Inc.
- St. Francis House, Inc.
- The Food Pantry of Green Cove Springs
- The Jewish Federation of Volusia & Flagler Counties
- The Salvation Army of Northeast Florida
- United Negro College Fund
- West Augustine Athletic Association, Inc.
- Wolfson Children's Hospital
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.