But they both said in separate statements that they recognize fire safety as a serious issue in Bangladesh apparel factories. J.C. Penney said it joined a coalition of international retailers last year to develop training materials for factories on fire safety standards. And H&M said it is offering an educational film on fire safety awareness, which will reach 4,500 exporting garment factories in Bangladesh, with around 3 million workers by 2013.
- Lenin statue toppled in Ukraine
- Man vs. machine: Who should be at the wheel?
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics
- Heart cancels SeaWorld show
- Nelson Mandela: Churches honor legacy
- Winter storm aims at East Coast
- Sheriff says no to lowering flag for Mandela
- Homeland Security chair: Terror threat spreading overseas
- Lawmakers concerned over Iranian enrichment