But they both said in separate statements that they recognize fire safety as a serious issue in Bangladesh apparel factories. J.C. Penney said it joined a coalition of international retailers last year to develop training materials for factories on fire safety standards. And H&M said it is offering an educational film on fire safety awareness, which will reach 4,500 exporting garment factories in Bangladesh, with around 3 million workers by 2013.
- Judge says Arizona sheriff was profiling
- Holder involved in decision on reporter's emails
- Gas explosion kills 17 children in minivan
- Donations for Oklahoma top $20 million
- Oklahoma principals recall day tornado hit
- School district, student at odds over tweet
- 2 held after Pakistan-UK flight diverted
- Carrie Underwood donates $1 mil to Red Cross
- How safe is that bridge you're driving over?