But they both said in separate statements that they recognize fire safety as a serious issue in Bangladesh apparel factories. J.C. Penney said it joined a coalition of international retailers last year to develop training materials for factories on fire safety standards. And H&M said it is offering an educational film on fire safety awareness, which will reach 4,500 exporting garment factories in Bangladesh, with around 3 million workers by 2013.
- Jay Z tops list of Grammy Award nominees
- Amanda Bynes steps out post-treatment
- Ex-Goldman VP gets 9 months in prison
- Newman 'deported' from North Korea, now in China
- World mourns Mandela: 'We will always love Madiba'
- Nelson Mandela: 10 surprising facts
- Obama lights National Christmas Tree
- It's a wintry mess from SW to NE
- Report: American 'deported' from North Korea