U.S. stocks end higher in holiday-shortened session as economic reports trump global concerns. Dow gains 53 points.
- Jenni Rivera plane crash probe still ongoing
- Security pact a topic in Hagel's Afghan trip
- Israeli president on meeting Rouhani : Why not?
- Nelson Mandela: The ultimate male feminist?
- Police: Newlyweds lure man for thrill killing
- Ukraine braces for more protests
- Mandela family: 'He will always be with us'
- NASA shares image of massive 'Hexagon'
- Sheriff says no to lowering flag for Mandela