JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Nothing makes your loved one feel more special than with a one-of-a-kind Valentine's Day gift! Linda Weeks shares a perfect treats to give your love this holiday.
Weeks says her Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is just that, easy, even for the guys.
Here's her recipe:
1/4 Butter (melted)
1 Can (20 oz) Sliced Pineapple, Candied Cherries or Pecan Halves
1/2 Cup Apricot Preserves
1 Box Yellow, vanilla or Pineapple Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Spray a 9x13 pan well with baking spray
3. Pour butter into pan
4. Drain Pineapple- reserve 1/4 cup
5. Arrange pineapple slices in bottom of pan, placing a cherry or pecan half in the center of each ring.
6. Combine apricot preserves with reserved pineapple juice-spoon over pineapple slices
7. Prepare cake mix according to directions on box-pour over pineapple
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
If you'd like to talk with Linda about planning a special event, give her a call at 904-744-0822. Linda shares her recipes and crafts in the Weekend Works segment, every other Sunday on The Morning Show.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.