Picture a walkable neighborhood. You lose weight each time you walk to the grocery store. You stumble home from last call without waiting for a cab. You spend less money on your car - or you don't own a car. When you shop, you support your local economy. You talk to your neighbors.
According to Walk Score, there is no "Walker's Paradise" in Jacksonville. However, there are a few urban districts in Jacksonville that qualify as being walkable neighborhoods.
Walk Score Scorecard
- Walker's Paradise (dark green): 100 - 90
- Very Walkable (light green): 89 - 70
- Somewhat Walkable (yellow): 69 - 50
- Car-Dependent (red): 49 - 0
- 4% of Jacksonville residents have a Walk Score of 70 or above.
- Jacksonville's least walkable neighborhoods are Eagle Bend, Otis, Black Hammock Island.
- 20% have a Walk Score of at least 50.
- 80% of Jacksonville residents live in Car-Dependent neighborhoods.