The District 3 county commission seat is one of two spots on the commission that are up for election in 2012. The two candidates for this seat -- Pat Edwards and
Ronnie Stoots -- are both Republicans, but since no other candidates are running, all voters can cast ballots in the races and the winner of the Aug. 14 primary will be elected to a four-year term.
Read about the two candidates:
FAMILY: Wife, Norraine; 2 adult children: Abbie and Patrick; 6 Grandchildren
OCCUPATION: Own and manage R.P.M. Lumber in Yulee
EDUCATION: High School
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: None
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "Shrinking Ad Valroem Tax base and how to adjust Goverment.
- "How to attract new Businesses to Nassau County to reduce our reliance on Ad Valroem taxes and provide local jobs.
- "Traffic and growth issues in the Eastern part of Nassau County."
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY IN A WAY THAT OTHERS RUNNING FOR THIS OFFICE CANNOT?
- "I have thirty-eight years of successful business expierience in Nassau County. I have designed and implemented budgets to address many of the same issues our county is facing. I have made many of the same choices our county will have to make in order to continue operation of my company. I have lived in Nassau County for thirty-eight years; my volunteer service to my community is diverse and continuous."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "I hope that I will be remembered for my ability to work with my fellow Commissioners to make Nassau County Government accountable and user friendly."
This candidate has not responded to the WJXT/News4Jax.com questionnaire.