Recipe: Sponger Key Lime Pie
Recipe by David L. Sloan, author of the Key Lime Pie Cookbook:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 Key limes
6 inches of stale Cuban bread
2 coffee cups
1.Break bread and add thin layer (enough to cover the bottom) to each coffee cup.
2 Pour about an ounce of sweetened condensed milk in each cup.
3. Juice Key limes and add to remaining Sweetened condensed milk.
4. Add egg to condensed milk and Key lime.
5. Mix well with spoon and pour equal amounts in each coffee cup.
6. Cover with remaining Cuban bread.
7. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.