"They don't really have an argument that repealing 'stand your ground' will make Floridians safer," said Matt Gaetz, whose father is the Senate president. "We are as safe now as we've been in a generation, and I think that having strong self-defense laws is one reason why."
- Yemen: U.S. drone kills 14 in wedding convoy
- Interpreter at Mandela memorial defends work
- North Korea says leader's uncle was executed
- House Democrat 'convinced' Ted Cruz will run for president
- House approves budget deal, sends to Senate
- Boehner not taking it anymore from right
- Newlywed Jordan Linn Graham pleads guilty
- Memo: Did Iranians exploit visa program?
- US takes steps to ensure Obamacare coverage