(CNN) -- Pointing to "an impermissible legal theory on which the jury based its award," a federal judge on Friday ordered a new trial on key aspects of the legal battle between Samsung and Apple -- in the process, striking more than $450 million that a jury last August ordered Samsung to pay Apple. The jury had awarded Apple a total of more than $1 billion in damages after finding Samsung had copied both the design and software features of the iPhone.
- Bob Filner sentenced in assaults on women
- Man vs. machine: Who should be at the wheel?
- Treasury closes books on GM bailout
- Congress: Deadlines pushed and holiday cheer?
- U.S. military aircraft to aid African mission
- Mandela ceremony draws the world
- Man kills self after girlfriend won't stop shopping
- Ukraine president backs talks to end crisis
- Travel havoc, family missing, many stranded