RISKS FACTORS: The biggest concern, particularly in hospitals, is safety and sanitation. Most hospitals and other facilities that use pet therapy have stringent rules to ensure that the animals are clean, vaccinated, well trained and screened for appropriate behavior. It's also important to note the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has never received a report of infection from animal-assisted therapy. (SOURCE: www.mayoclinic.com/health/pet-therapy)
- Families await news of missing Malaysian airliner
- Unmarked graveyard unearths Mississippi's past
- Expert: Malaysia flight was 'at safest point'
- History's deadliest commercial jet crashes
- NekNominate inspires random acts of kindness
- Sister: Mom who drove into ocean saw 'demons'
- U.S. Navy secretly set to seize Iranian arms
- Tom Brokaw's 'very pleased' with progress in cancer fight
- Ex-madam pleads guilty to drug charge