In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Canada Parliament shooting: How it unfolded
- Canadian shooting: What we know so far
- Who is Canada shooter Michael Zehaf-Bibeau?
- Report: Strikes kill 464 from ISIS in Syria
- White House fence jumper quickly detained
- Canada shooting raises fears of ISIS tie
- Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
- Cell transplant sees paralyzed man walk again
- UNC report: 18 years of academic fraud