In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Deadly superbug scopes sold without approval
- Paul Allen says he's found battleship wreck
- Obamacare on the line at SCOTUS
- Tsarnaev jury cuts across class, but not race
- Report finds discrimination in Ferguson
- Feds fight 'maternity tourism' with raids
- Did Netanyahu change some minds?
- Hillary Clinton gives base-rallying speech
- Pain, anger a year after MH370 vanished