In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Dems poised for first face-to-face clash
- Oregon DOE lab evacuated after bomb threat
- 6 things to watch at the CNN Democratic debate
- Planned Parenthood ends tissue reimbursements
- Officers' statements in Freddie Gray case admissible
- MH17 crash: Airspace should have been closed
- Warren Buffett: 'America's never been greater'
- Janet Yellen's report card: Investors give Fed a 'C'
- New iMacs feature Retina display upgrades, Magic Mouse 2 unveiled