In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Dad may have jumped off bridge with baby
- Cops at home of Subway pitchman Jared Fogle
- Harry Shearer back on 'The Simpsons'
- One more try for a Greek deal as time runs out
- South Carolina bill to remove flag advances
- Ice cave collapses in Washington, killing 1
- Accused church shooter Dylann Roof faces more charges
- F-16 jet, Cessna collide over South Carolina
- Greece: How did it get into this mess?