In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Washington battle rages over Iran deal's fate
- Greek bank shares crash 30% as market reopens
- Clinton to NYT: Media comes with no 'undo' button
- MH370: Islanders search for more debris
- California wildfires torch 134,000 acres
- Chief: Slain officer interrupted drug deal
- Charles Koch slams 'corporate welfare'
- Holmes trial: Do we execute people who are mentally ill?
- Nigeria: 178 captives freed from Boko Haram