In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Artist: Lewinsky overshadows Clinton portrait
- Family of Tsarnaev associate to sue FBI
- Boehner to allow vote on clean DHS bill
- Savings plans may soon cover more college expenses
- Venezuela asks U.S. to slash embassy staff
- Manny Pacquiao courts more success
- 3 Houston-area kids die while playing with guns
- Fidel Castro meets with 5 Cuban agents freed from U.S.
- Obama warns cop body cameras are no 'panacea'