In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Report: US drug war in Afghanistan failing
- Ferguson turns into tinderbox once again
- Is Oscar Pistorius' athletic career finished?
- Colorado wants to ban pot-laced brownies, candy
- W. Africa travelers restricted to 5 US airports
- Police: Indiana man could be serial killer
- Tests show Spanish nurse's aide free of Ebola
- Canada: Soldier attack suspect 'radicalized'
- Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in prison