In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Northeast blizzard: What you need to know if you're traveling
- NY police: 2 dead in Manhattan Home Depot shooting
- 'Historic' storm bears down on the Northeast
- Mubarak's sons released from prison
- Mother sells newborn boy for $7,000
- The Miss Universe winner is ...
- Wawrinka's great escape, Serena rallies
- Close encounter with Pluto getting under way
- Disney launches 'Frozen' cruise