In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Who will face off in the first GOP debate?
- Rocky Fire burns nearly 65,000 acres
- Suspect in Memphis police slaying in custody
- Trump has a new answering machine message
- Canada is on the verge of a recession
- Planned Parenthood: Fast facts and numbers
- Cecil the lion: Beanie Baby to aid animals
- Can Joe Biden beat Hillary Clinton?
- Darren Wilson opens up about life in hiding