In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Calif. attorney facing suspension for fake celeb photos
- New Zealand counts votes in PM election
- Mom: Marine jailed in Mexico 'despondent'
- Clemson students challenge sex survey
- Report: Ukraine, rebels agree new truce plan
- Turkey: 49 hostages seized by ISIS released
- Arson arrest as 10 wildfires scorch CA
- Modi: Al Qaeda won't recruit India's Muslims
- Cops: U.S. couple admit to suitcase slaying