In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Ravens beat Browns on blocked kick
- For $250,000, you can buy this South Dakota ghost town
- China issues year's highest smog alert
- Burkina Faso elects new President after coup attempt
- Some of Clinton's Benghazi-related emails released
- Time Warner Cable suffers outage on Cyber Monday
- China: Breastfeeding mom sparks online uproar
- World's 'most excellent' airlines are ...
- China factory activity slumps to three-year low