In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Death toll climbs above 1,900 after Nepal quake
- Cecily Strong's top 10 WHCD jokes
- Ted Cruz: Democrats home to 'liberal fascism'
- WHCD 2015: Obama's top 10 jokes
- 5 missing after storm strikes Alabama regatta
- Clinton plans 3-state swing in May
- Tiger Woods commits to Players Championship
- The critical 72 hours after Nepal earthquake
- Freddie Gray death: 12 protesters arrested