In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Shootings draw some calls for gun control
- Slain officer was once champion skater
- Colorado Springs witnesses recall fear, horror
- Police: Planned Parenthood gunman named, motive unknown
- Protesters disrupt Chicago on Black Friday
- 3 dead in Texas floods; wintry storm hits US
- Mobile shopping surged on Black Friday
- Obama on Colorado: 'Enough is enough'
- Trump goes diplomatic in ejecting protestor