In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Obama and Putin: From frosty to frozen
- Australia police: 8 children found dead
- Huge Los Angeles fire was arson
- Sony hack renews cybersecurity push
- Hong Kong tycoon guilty of corruption
- Pakistani army: Dozens of militants killed
- Report detailed shortcomings of assassination, capture
- Jeb Bush's banking career ripe for attack
- Rick Perry likes Jeb Bush, but for how long?