In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
- Indiana governor illustrates GOP's gay rights challenge
- Yemen: Foreign boots could hit the ground
- World leaders' passport details released
- Bush missed red flags in business scandal
- U.S. ending Boston case with grisly photos
- Talks intensify on Iran's nuclear future
- Pence: Indiana 'not going to change' law
- Germanwings plane crash: What we know so far
- Scrapping linespeople in tennis' future?