Bradford County Sheriff
Republicans J.J. Etheridge and incumbent Democratic Sheriff Gordon Smith survived primary challenges to face each other in the General Election.
James "Jimmy" Harris
This candidate has not responded to WJXT/News4Jax.com's questionnaire.
Click to read the statement Harris provided to the Bradford County Supervisor of Elections.
OCCUPATION: Sheriff of Bradford County
EDUCATION: Vincennes University; FBI National Academy #240; Certified Homeland Protection professional; More than 1,400 hours of advanced law enforcement training
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: Elected sheriff in 2000, 2008; police chief of Starke
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "The hallmark of any Sheriffs election should be about creditials & experience...A Qualified Sheriff!
- "The most important job as Sheriff is to insure that the citizens of Bradford County are protected...Public Safety!
- "To make sure the men & women of the Sheriff's Office are well equipted, well trained & well prepared so at the end of the day, they go home safe!"
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY THAT OTHERS RUNNING FOR THIS OFFICE CANNOT?
- "I am the only canidate with both the experience and the creditials to be the Sheriff."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "That I truly made a difference!!!"
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: SheriffGordon.com