Republicans J.J. Etheridge and incumbent Democratic Sheriff Gordon Smith survived primary challenges to face each other in the General Election.
James "Jimmy" Harris
This candidate has not responded to WJXT/News4Jax.com's questionnaire.
OCCUPATION: Sheriff of Bradford County
EDUCATION: Vincennes University; FBI National Academy #240; Certified Homeland Protection professional; More than 1,400 hours of advanced law enforcement training
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: Elected sheriff in 2000, 2008; police chief of Starke
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "The hallmark of any Sheriffs election should be about creditials & experience...A Qualified Sheriff!
- "The most important job as Sheriff is to insure that the citizens of Bradford County are protected...Public Safety!
- "To make sure the men & women of the Sheriff's Office are well equipted, well trained & well prepared so at the end of the day, they go home safe!"
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY THAT OTHERS RUNNING FOR THIS OFFICE CANNOT?
- "I am the only canidate with both the experience and the creditials to be the Sheriff."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "That I truly made a difference!!!"
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: SheriffGordon.com