Cari Ford Cahill
Candidate for Nassau County School Board, District 2
FAMILY: Husband Dan; children, Daniel, 10, Christopher, 7
OCCUPATION: Coordinator for the Nassau County Soil and Water Conservation District
EDUCATION: Trinity Christian Academy; FCCJ
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: 12 Years on Ocean Highway and Port Authority
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- Accountability - The parents and students are not being heard by the School Board and that has to change.
- Budget Restraint - We've got to stop the wasteful spending going on in the schools. There is too much printed material, copies, unnecessary cellphone usage, and travel. During these tough economic times we've got to look out for the taxpayer.
- Curriculum Improvement - Today's student needs more than what they are receiving. We've got to get away from strictly teaching the FCAT to teaching technology and engineering starting at an early age.
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY OTHERS RUNNING FOR THIS OFFICE CANNOT?
- "I'm a mother of two Nassau public school students so I have an intimate connection with the school district my two opponents do not. I have demonstrated leadership skills for over a decade sitting on the Economic Development Board, the Transportation Planning Organization, the Vision into Action Committe, and twelve years on the Ocean Highway and Port Authority where I served four terms as Chair. I also have some innovative ideas that just being with webcasting to communicate with the county. My webcasts are broadcast Mondays at 8pm on carifordcahill.com."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "I'd like to be remembered for changing the status quo and moving the School District into the future of learning. I'd like people to remember that I did all I could to prepare our students for college and the workplace while simultaneous easing the burden on the taxpayer."
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: CarifordCahill.com