FAMILY: Single (never married)
OCCUPATION: President/evangelist, James Croft Evangelistic Association
EDUCATION: Baker County High School, graduate 1976; Lake City Community College, AA Degree 1978; certifications as a Florida landfill operator and Florida recycling coordinator; completed numerous training courses offered by University of Florida TREEO Center, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Solid Waste Association of North America and RecycleFlorida Today.
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: 1984-1988 Baker County Commission, District 1
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "Budget management: We must improve our county budget process to prioritize spending & cut waste. The county budget should be a policy statement about the future of our county.
- "Implement aggressive strategies with our Chamber of Commerce to attract businesses that will bring jobs & tax revenue to our county without harming our environment and eco-system.
- "Existing commission & departmental policies should be reviewed regularly and updated as needed. New policies are needed in many areas of our county government to improve operations & services to citizens."
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY YOUR OPPONENTS IN THE RACE CANNOT?
- "I have over 20 years of governmental budget experience as a commissioner and Assistant Director of New River Solid Waste Association. My role with NRSWA involved working with the county commissions, businesses, civic organizations, and schools in Baker, Bradford & Union Counties.
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "He made tough decisions to bring the county budget in line with revenues, prioritized service needs with citizen involvement, promoted citizen involvement in local government, and was fair & respectful while performing his duties."
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: JamesTheGiant.org