Nassau County Property Appraiser
Michael "Mike" Hickox defeated the incumbent Nassau County Property Appraiser in the Republican primary and will now face independent William F. Caulkins Sr. in the General Election. Scroll down to read about the two candidates.
William F. Caulkins Sr.
PARTY: No party affiliation
This candidate has not responded to WJXT/News4Jax.com's questionnaire.
A. Michael 'Mike' Hickox
FAMILY: Married; 4 adult children: Kim, Lacey, Kelly, Kyle
OCCUPATION: Real estate appraiser
EDUCATION: Fernandina Beach High School, 1976; FCCJ; registered real estate broker; state certified real estate appraiser
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: None
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "Inconsistent assessments due to lack of experience at the top positions in the office.
- "Wasteful spending. $100,000's spent defending inflated assessments.
- "Antiquated technology which makes the office run inefficiently causing Nassau to be in the top 20% in the State for cost per parcel."
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY THAT OTHERS RUNNING FOR THIS OFFICE CANNOT?
- "I am the only candidate who has successfully owned and operated a business and my business has been Real Estate and Appraising. I will bring my 35 years experience in the private sector to the office to make the office more efficient and more professional. I have appraised over 10,000 properties in Nassau County which gives me the appraisal experience to provide a fair and equitable tax roll for all Nassau County Citizens."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "The Nassau County Property Appraisers office was run in a professional and cost efficient manner. Confidence in the office was restored. The Property Appraiser was fair and accessible. The office was run in an open, transparent, and lawful way with consistent application of appraisal methodology."
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: VoteHickox2012.com