Putnam County Property Appraiser
Incumbent Putnam County Property Appraiser Tim Parker, a Republican, is being challenged by independent Buddy Goddard in the General Election.
PARTY: No party affiliation
FAMILY: Wife, Shawn Dale Goddard, and 3 children: Thomas, Theresa and Myranda
EDUCATION: Graduated high school in 1974; Certified Florida Evaluator
OCCUPATION: Field appraiser at Putnam County Property Appraiser's Office until resigning to run for office; formerly owned contacting business
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: BuddyGForPropertyAppraiser.com
This candidate has not responded to WJXT/News4Jax.com's questionnaire.
Candidate information provided to Putnam County Supervisor of Election
FAMILY: Married for 24 years to former Melanie Wetherington; children: Lauren (21), Brooke, (20), and Seth (16)
OCCUPATION: Current Putnam County Property Appraiser
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Business Administration, Stetson University; major in Finance
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: "I am seeking my second term as Property Appraiser, The first term I ran unopposed."
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "Qualifications: A Property Appraiser for any county should have a State-Certified Appraiser's License, in order to uphold credibility. A Property Appraiser's abilities has such an important influence on a county's budget, that a holder of this office should have a college degree in an area related to their responsibilities.In addition, with 5 of the 11 amendments on the November ballot relating to Property Issues, the Property Appraiser should be knowledgeable and willing to clearly explain the impact these amendments have on the citizens of the county.
- "Experience: An extensive background appraising property in this changing economy is crucial to this position. My years of experience have led me to cultivate a strong working relationship between this office, the community, and the Realtor's Association. Multiple Continuing Education courses have allowed me greater expertise in the field of appraising. These skills have led me to achieve the position of District 5 Director for the Property Appraiser Association of Florida. I am also a member of the Certified Florida Appraiser Admissions Certification Committee.
- "Service: An elected public servant should contribute to the local community both professionally and privately: I have served (and am still serving) my community in the following areas: Palatka Police Officer's Pension Board, Rodeheaver Boys Ranch, Boy Scouts of America, United Way of Putnam County, Putnam County Federal Credit Union, Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (SHIP), Past President - Kiwanis Club of the Azalea City, Coach for Putnam County Recreation Department, Sunday School Director, Deacon, Committee member of First Baptist Church, Palatka, and 3 Galloneer Blood Donor."
HOW CAN YOU HELP VOTERS IN A WAY THAT THE OTHERS RUNNING FOR THIS OFFICE CANNOT?
- "I am the only candidate with an appraiser's license (State-Certified General Real Estate Appraiser's License RZ2438). I have successfully defended our values in court, and am considered an expert witness by the judicial system. I am the only candidate with 26 years experience in appraising at both the county and state levels. Each year, I have been shown to be both honest and fair by the State Auditors' review process."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "After serving my first term, I have already led our staff in posting photos of substantially all homes and buildings in Putnam County to aid 911 operators during an emergency. My office now has an improved website which allows the public greater dissemination of information relating to property exemptions and values. I regularly speak to groups explaining the role of our office and the Florida statues used in determining property values.
My goals for the future include :
1) To complete the implementation of our enhanced Mass Appraisal system - resulting in substantial savings for our county.
2) To consistently find ways to make our office more efficient, with the goal of continuing budget reductions as I have done in years past.
3) To continue to remain available, reachable, and involved in our community.
4) To continue striving to provide the best service possible in a professional and courteous manner, with the goal of exceeding the expectations of those we serve."
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: "In lieu of a campaign website, please visit www.putnamappraiser.com to learn more about me and my office."
FACEBOOK: Tim Parker for Property Appraiser