From U.S. Senate to school board, voters can cast their ballots early for the next eight days, six days shorter than early voting used to last after state legislators changed the law.
The decrease in days means there are fewer hours to vote—20 fewer—in the primary elections, but for the general election in November, it could create more of a problem.
However, even with the shortened voting period, Duval County Election Supervisor Jerry Holland said he's confident voters will have enough time to cast their ballots.
"We can do up to 12 hours per day, which we will do in November. So now people can vote going to work or coming home from work," Holland said.
The extended hours don't apply to the primary election
Holland says early voter turnout is expected to be 23 percent in Duval County, but he hopes longer hours on the days voters turn out most will boost that number.
"We're hoping the larger window will have more people to vote early even though it's a shorter number of days," Holland said.
If you're planning on voting early, remember to bring identification that includes your photo and signature, such as a driver's license.
The actual primary election day is August 14. For a complete list of polling sites and hours, visit our 2012 election page.
For a list of all the races on the ballot, visit the News4Jax Voter's Guide. Scroll down on this page to see the locations and times of early voting available in Channel 4's viewing area.
Any registered voter may also request an absentee ballot and vote by mail with no reason required. You can request a ballot in person, by phone, fax, mail or online in most counties. (Links to N.E. Florida election offices) The voter's name, residence address, date of birth and signature must be provided when making the request.
Saturday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 32 N. 5th Street, Macclenny
Weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- West wing of Bradford County Courthouse in Starke
Saturday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at five locations:
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 1417-1 S. Orange Ave., Green Cove Springs
- Fleming Island Library, 1895 Town Center Blvd., Fleming Island
- Supervisor of Elections branch office, 275 South Lawrence Blvd., Keystone Heights
- Middleburg Clay-Hill Library, 2245 Aster Ave., Middleburg
- Orange Park Library, 2054 Plainfield Ave., Orange Park
Saturday to Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at two locations:
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 971 W. Duval Street (corner of Baya and US 90), Lake City
- Ft. White Community Center (branch office of the Supervisor of Elections), 17579 S.W. State Road 47
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 12 locations:
- Supervisor of Elections Main Office, 105 East Monroe Street
- Supervisor of Elections Gateway Office, 5200-2 Norwood Ave.
- Beaches Library, 600 3rd Street, Neptune Beach
- Regency Square Library, 9900 Regency Square Blvd.
- Highlands Library, 1826 Dunn Ave.
- South Mandarin Library, 12125 San Jose Blvd.
- Main (Downtown) Library, 303 N. Laura Street
- Southeast Library, 10599 Deerwood Park Blvd.
- Mandarin Library, 3330 Kori Road
- Webb-Wesconnett Branch Library, 6887 103rd St.
- Pablo Creek South Library, 13295 Beach Blvd.
- West Regional Library, 1425 Chaffee Road S.
Weekdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at two locations:
- Flagler County Public Library, 2500 Palm Coast Pkwy N.W., Palm Coast
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bunnell
Saturday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at four locations:
- Fernandina Beach City Hall, 204 Ash Street 96135 Nassau Place, Fernandina Beach
- James S. Page Governmental Complex, Yulee, Florida
- Callahan Branch Library, 450077 SR 200
- Hilliard Branch Library, 15821 County Road 108
Weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and weekends 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 2509 Crill Ave,, Suite 900, Palatka
Saturday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at two additional locations:
- Crescent City Public Library, 610 N. Summit St.
- Interlachen Public Library, 133 N County Road 315
St. Johns County
Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at six locations:
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 4455 Avenue A #101, St. Augustine
- Julington Creek Annex, 725 Flora Branch Blvd., St. Johns
- Ponte Vedra Branch Library, 101 Library Boulevard
- Southeast Branch Library, 6670 US 1 South, St. Augustine
- St. Augustine Beach City Hall, 2200 A1A South
- Hastings Town Hall, 6195 South Main Street
Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m.
- Supervisor of Elections Office, 175 West Main Street, Lake Butler