Union County Clerk
Democrat Pat Cunningham won the August primary for Union County Clerk of Court and will face Republican Kellie Connell in November's General Election.
FAMILY: Wife, Talisha Harrison Cunningham; daughter, Brooklyn, age 10; son, Harrison, age 5
OCCUPATION: Budget analyst, Union County School Board
EDUCATION: Graduate of Union County High School; A.A. degree, Florida Gateway College; bachelors of business administration, University of North Florida
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: None
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- "Issues the Clerk of Courts and the Courts are facing due to inadequate funding.
- "Maintaining fiscal stability of the county during this period of economic shortfall.
- "Promotion of e-filing and electronic services to serve the public in a more economic and efficient manner."
HOW DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP VOTERS IN A WAY OTHERS IN THIS RACE CAN'T?
- "My years of experience in working in governmental finance on local, state, and federal levels provides me an advantage over the other candidates."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "I would hope my tenure, as Clerk of Courts, would be remembered as a time of service to the people of Union County, the Courts, and its business partners. I would, also, hope to be recognized for efficiency, accountability, and courteous service."
Kellie Hendricks Connell
EDUCATION: Union County High School; bachelor of science in accounting, University of Florida; master of accounting, taxation, University of North Florida
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: KellieForClerk.com | Facebook.com/pages/Kellie-H-Connell-CPA-for-Union-County-Clerk-of-Courts
his candidate did not respond to a WJXT/News4Jax.com questionnaire.