The proposed funding and operations considerations include:
· The City of Jacksonville will fund the total estimated $36.4 million from capital project funding to build the north end zone fan engagement area as well as the necessary infrastructure and control room to support the video scoreboards at both ends of the stadium.
· The Jaguars will fund 75 percent of the estimated $26.5 million for the new video scoreboards, with the City of Jacksonville funding the remaining 25 percent from capital project funding.
· The Jaguars will serve as construction manager with responsibilities for any cost overruns.
· Any project savings will be earmarked for additional improvements at EverBank Field which are included in a master study produced by HOK.
“The spirit of partnership was certainly evident as we worked with the Jaguars over the past several months to arrive at today’s announcement,” said City Council President Bill Bishop. “EverBank Field and Jacksonville will now be able to compete for the very best events in sports and entertainment while ensuring a great home for the Jaguars and experience for their fans. It’s a win-win for everyone.”
The improvements announced today complement the nearly $10 million in stadium upgrades that have been funded by Khan, including locker room upgrades, a new weight room, new training room and a renovation of the Jaguars’ administrative offices.
Khan continues to invest in the Jacksonville region as well, highlighted by major financial commitments to the Veteran’s Guidance Center, the OneSpark Festival, Andrew Jackson High School and various initiatives through the Jaguars Foundation.