Welcome to WeatherCall® Mobile
Keep the app open in the phone's web browser allowing it to continually report its location, and forget about it. If you come within a mile of a warning area, or if lightning strikes within 6 miles of you, your phone will notify you with either a phone call and/or via an SMS text or email with specific information, including a map of the warning area.
- WeatherCall Mobile: $9.95 per year
- Activate the application on a smart phone's web browser and the current location is reported once every minute to the WeatherCall system. When a phone comes within 1 mile or less of a NWS storm-based warning a warning call and/or SMS text will be made to the phone. The full text of the warning can be accessed, and the specific warning area can be viewed on a Google map.
The WeatherCall Mobile subscriber will receive a pre-recorded phone message and/or an SMS text within seconds of this TORNADO WARNING issued by NWS and an "All Clear" message when it is no longer in effect.
- WeatherCall Mobile Lightning: Real-time lightning strike monitoring: $9.95 per year
- When a smart phone reports its current location, a "protective zone" is created and monitored. Any lightning strike detected by the US Precision Lightning Network www.uspln.com within this zone will activate a lightning notification phone call and/or SMS Text message, with a recommendation to temporarily suspend activities. Either 15 or 30 minutes (user definable) after the LAST lightning strike within the protection zone occurs, another phone message and/or SMS text "All Clear" is delivered indicating that it appears safe to resume activities.
- WeatherCall Plus: Bundle NWS and Lightning Notifications: $14.95 per year
- Save money with a bundled service, delivering the ultimate peace of mind if you're outdoors when storms are brewing.
Step #1: Test your phone's compatibility.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE SERVICE
- WeatherCall Mobile performs optimally on iPhone and Android platforms. To determine if the application will work on your smart phone, perform this simple compatibility test before signing up. Open your phone's web browser, type in: www.weathercall.net/mobileapptest and follow the instructions. If you phone is compatible, proceed to Step #2.
- Click on this link: WJXT WeatherCall Mobile Registration and follow the instructions.
- Open your smart phone's web browser and type in: www.weathercall.net/mobileapp. Log in, and touch "My Settings" to select the way you want to be notified (Phone call or SMS Text or both), and the types of warnings (tornado is the default). If you have subscribed to optional lightning notification, decide if you want a 15 minute or 30 minute wait period before you receive an "All Clear" notification. After you've saved your settings bookmark the WJXT WeatherCall Mobile home page on your phone. You will not have to enter your log in information again, but simply start the app to use the service.
- The application must be running in your browser window for it to be proactively monitoring you.
- If you turn the application OFF during fair weather, WeatherCall Mobile will send an SMS text when your phone's last reported location falls within approximately 30 miles of an NWS-issued warning REMINDING you that dangerous weather may be developing nearby. Please turn your WeatherCall Mobile application back on and keep it visible in your browser window, so you can receive a warning if necessary.
- The incoming phone number with a WeatherCall notification is 1-866-479-9906. Please save this number and name it WeatherCall so it will display on your caller ID as WJXT WeatherCall.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put MOBILE in the subject line.