#1 rated WJXT, the Graham Media Group-owned station in Jacksonville, one of Florida’s best kept secrets, seeks a motivated, high-energy Creative Services Writer-Producer to join our award-winning team. Candidate will be responsible for bringing our brand to life through compelling writing, break through editing and strategic concepts. The qualified candidate must be able to conceive, write, edit and succeed in a fast paced, results-oriented media environment. Ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker and a self-motivator with the ability to contribute ideas and learn from those around them.
- Must be able to write compelling, engaging promotional messages for all platforms.
- Write, produce and edit compelling news image, sweeps promotion and fill in for news topicals.
- Social media marketing and content development.
- Assist in all areas of station promotions, marketing, commercial production, special projects, community events and more.
- Work well with news talent, producers, photographers and reporters in the field.
- Produce image, web videos and other promotions as assigned.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays on short notice.
- Must be able to work a night side position if needed.
- Television promotion experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Premier experience and After Effects a plus.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules.
- Both a team player and a solo act rolled into one.
- Ability to problem-solve, find positive solutions to challenges.
- Must be well-organized and highly motivated.
As a condition of employment, GMG/WJXT/WCWJ requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
GMG/WJXT/WCWJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, GMG/WJXT/WCWJ will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Send resumes to Creative Services Director Sherry Carpenter, firstname.lastname@example.org