JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – About 33,400 IKEA MYSINGSÖ beach chairs are being recalled because they can collapse, which could lead to finger amputation, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
IKEA has received 13 reports worldwide of incidents, including 10 reports of injuries, six of which resulted in fingertip amputations. Three of the incidents, including one fingertip amputation injury, were reported in the U.S.
The chairs are foldable with a wood base and an attached polyester fabric seat.
The following article numbers, which are labels on the wooden frame and sewn into the fabric, are included in the recall:
- Light Red/Blue Striped -- 902.280.08
- Red/Blue Striped -- 302.580.79
- Solid White -- 502.851.66
- Solid Red -- 802.873.95
- Solid Green -- 002.931.40
- Grey/White Chevron -- 303.120.24
- Light Blue/White Chevron -- 503.120.23
- Light Red/White Chevron -- 003.120.25
Consumers should immediately stop using the chairs and return them. IKEA is offering a full refund or replacement. To return it, call 1-888-966-4532 or visit www.ikea-usa.com.