Need ideas for how to spend New Year's Eve?
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Looking for something fun and festive to do for New Year's Eve? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- The Jacksonville Landing New Year's Eve Celebration, 12 p.m.: The Jacksonville Landing will ring in the New Year and welcome TaxSlayer Bowl fans with a weekend full of activities and events. Events begin at noon Dec. 31 and features live music, Christmas tree light shows, and the best view for the City of Jacksonville's New Year's Fireworks Spectacular on the St. Johns River.
- Mad Hatter's Ball, MOCA, 10 p.m.: This year's theme is Mad Hatter's Ball, in reference to the classic "Alice in Wonderland." Revel the night away on the dance floor, try your luck on the gambling floor, and experience the best ball drop countdown in the city. Wear black tie, cocktail, or costume attire at your preference. Hors d'oeuvres, open bar, and entertainment are included with admission.
- Noon Year's Eve at Jacksonville Zoo, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Featuring teen sensation Dalton Cyr. Count down the hours until 2015 with special entertainment, games, giveaways, and an apple juice toast at noon. tthe first 500 guests receive a goody bag. Buy tickets online at jacksonvillezoo.org or call 904-757-4463.
- New Year's Eve Celebration & Annual Balloon Drop at Adventure Landing, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: New Year's Eve, Family Style! Children 12 and younger can enjoy a day filled with fun and a chance to win great prizes in our Balloon Drop at Noon.
- Orny Adams New Year's Eve Comedy Show, Comedy Club of Jacksonville, 8 p.m.: Orny Adams headlines the best New Year's Eve Party in town. Full buffet featuring prime rib, ham and all the trimmings. After Orny there'll be a D.J. with dancing till 2 a.m. Champagne toast and party favors included.
- St. Augustine Beach Blast-off, 4 p.m.-10 p.m.: St. Augustine Beach Pier Park. Includes a chili cook-off, live music, a kids' zone, vendors, dancing and music headliner Seven Nations. The fireworks display to music is at 8:30 p.m. Florida A1A Beach Boulevard will be closed from Pope Road to 16th Street, 2-11 p.m., for a street dance. (904) 501-4556 or beachblastoff.com.
- ZOOLights, Jacksonville Zoo, 6 p.m.: Starting Dec. 12 and ending Jan. 3, celebrate the holiday season and create a family tradition admiring the sparkling lights at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens' Third Annual ZOOLights. Thousands of LED lights will transform the Jacksonville Zoo into a luminous winter wonderland filled with moving sculptures, forests of lighted trees and animal silhouettes.
- The Buddy Holly Story, Alhambra Dinner Theatre, 6 p.m.: New Year's Eve celebration with "Buddy -- The Buddy Holly Story," meal, 6-7:30 p.m.; show, 8 p.m. Includes a four-course dinner, the show, dancing, a midnight balloon drop, a champagne toast and a breakfast buffet. Reservations required, (904) 641-1212.
- Fete De Masquerade, Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel, 10 p.m.: A formal Masquerade Ball, a night of dancing and celebrating, all while raising funds for charity. There will be live music, light appetizers, champagne toast at midnight. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation. More information at http://www.fallenpatriots.org.
- Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts, 9 p.m.: Features vocalist Mike Eldred, and live dance music following the concert. $75, $100, $150. (904) 354-5547 or jaxsymphony.org.
- Habitat Hollywood Nights, Southern Junction, 9 p.m.: They will be featuring a special New Year's Eve menu, free champagne toast, party favors, bar serving drinks and dance music. It's at Southern Junction, 600 Finley St., St Marys, Georgia, 31558. Tickets can be purchased at Habitat ReStore, by calling Rana at 912-342-2220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds to benefit Habitat for Humanity of Camden County.
If you know of an event you'd like us to add to the list, email us the information, including location, time and contact information, to email@example.com.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.