The Better Make Room movement is urging high school seniors to complete their education and own their future, and has designated April 26 as college signing day.
April 26 is set aside for the people who’ve always encouraged students to celebrate with them. Let’s rally around students all over the country as they show off their acceptance letters with a #SigningSelfie on that day.
Better Make Room is a campaign to celebrate the great things teenagers will do next. It’s about staking a claim, forging a path and lighting the way for others. By setting one day for everyone to share their success together, it will be a lot more fun.
Take the next step: Get a better education, have a better career, imagine a better future and live a better life.
1) Register for the SAT + ACT
2) Apply to at least four colleges
3) Check out options to help pay your way on UP NEXT
4) Visit a college campus and post a selfie with #BetterMakeRoom
How you can help:
- Are you a teacher? Encourage your students to post a #SigningSelfie with their acceptance letter on April 26 using #CollegeSigningDay
- Parents: Are your kids going to college? Check out #CollegeSigningDay to see them show off their acceptance letters.
- Teachers and parents: You’ve been emboldening your kids to change the world for years. They’ve studied hard, stayed up late studying and aced those tests. Now it’s time tell the world!.
Better Make Room is in support of the First Lady’s Reach Higher initiative and with cooperation of the U.S. Department of Education. Its goal is to elevate college students to the level of celebrities and says to the world, “These young people are about to do something great. We Better Make Room.”