Recent data shows some of the highest-paid executives at universities around the country are making well into the millions after bonuses and other pay are added to their base pay.
The Chronicle of Higher Education gathered data on more than 1,400 chief executives from more than 600 private colleges between the years 2008 and 2016 and close to 250 public universities and systems between 2010 and 2018.
Below are the top 10 highest paid leaders at universities in the United States and in Florida.
Top 10 highest-paid university/college executives in the United States
- *Kenneth W. Starr - Baylor University (private): $4,946,996
- Lee C. Bollinger - Columbia University (private): $3,927,961
- Amy Gutmann - University of Pennsylvania (private): $3,211,681
- Victor J. Boschini Jr. - Texas Christian University (private): $2,864,303
- Edward Guiliano - New York Institute of Technology at Old Westbury (private): $2,733,651
- William H. McRaven - University of Texas: $2,578,609
- Nido Quien - High Point University (private): $2,368,358
- Stephen C. Ainlay - Union College (N.Y.) (private): $2,289,549
- Paula S. Wallace - Savannah College of Art and Design (private): $2,043,120
- 10. Joel Seligman - University of Rochester (private): $1,990,250
Top 10 highest-paid university/college executives in Florida
[READ NEXT: Why your first cup of coffee might not be helping as much as you'd like | With deceased donor’s uterus, woman gives birth to healthy baby | Sisters take story time to Facebook Live so no child has to miss out]
Graham Media Group 2019