JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Vans Warped Tour is stopping in Jacksonville for the first time in seven years Monday, bringing dozens of bands ranging in styles from rock and alternative to indie and pop punk.
The concerts begin at 11 a.m. and will play through 9 p.m.
The schedule for the bands won't be released until the morning of the show, so organizers encourage fans to arrive early and check out the big inflatable at the main Vans tent, where the schedule will be posted.
Tickets, ranging from $38.50 to $45, are available at the venue box office on the day of the show for those who haven't pre-purchased tickets. But organizers warn fans not to buy tickets, backstage passes, VIP, wristbands, guest passes or any other passes in the parking lot. They say counterfeit tickets and passes are often a problem and the organizers will not be responsible for fake tickets.
"You'll lose your money and won't be able to enter with those tickets," their website says. "Why risk it?"
Parents bringing a minor (under 18) to the show can get in for free. The tour offers a free admission for any legal guardian over the age of 28 who brings a minor who purchased a ticket. Only one free ticket is available per party.
The tour also offers "Reverse Daycare" for parents at the concert. It's an air-conditioned tent for parents who need a break from the heat and music. Drinks are available. The tent closes at 6 p.m.
Because of the anticipated summer heat, the tour offers these tips for ways to stay cool during the concerts:
- Warped Tour Cool Gear Hydration Stations: Warped will be providing free filtered water at the Cool Gear Water hydration systems at each Vans Warped Tour stop this summer. Fans can fill up empty water bottles, soda cups or purchase a reusable water bottle, all of which can be filled up as much as needed throughout the day. Note that fans are allowed to bring in one sealed water bottle when they enter the show and that can be continuously filled up at the station. Look for the "WATER" banner in the festival grounds for the filtration stations.
- Low-Priced Water: The Warped Tour also noticed a need for lower-priced water at the shows, so we worked with venues and promoters to create a lower water price per bottle at all Warped shows this summer.
- Shade Areas Throughout The Venues And Remember To Pace Yourself Through The Day: Look for designated shade tents throughout the venue. It's also a long day so pace yourself and take a break from time to time.
- Misting Stations: Who can turn down some cool mist during a hot day? Look for misting stations throughout the festival grounds.
- Slip and Slide: Even better than a misting station is the slip and slide!! Weather permitting look for the slip and slide on the festival grounds. Jump in, get wet, and have fun!
- Food: We can't emphasize it enough. In addition to staying cool throughout the day, you also need to eat! There are food vendors and concessions at every show.
For more on the event and what you can expect, go to http://vanswarpedtour.com/dates/jacksonville-fl-3.