Linda Weeks' basic baking advice
Little things can make or break your dish
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Whether you're a seasoned baker or if you're just starting out Linda Weeks has a few tips that can make sure your sweets come out great!
Here are a few of the things Linda says all bakers need to keep in mind:
1. Read your recipe
2. Make sure you have all of the ingredients
3. Lay out ingredients before you start baking
4. Make sure you have the measurements correct:
For example: T= tablespoon; t= teaspoon
5. When using measuring cup put it down on level a surface
Get eye level and make sure when you fill it you look eye level
6. When you measure with measuring spoon level it off. You can use your finger or a piece of silverware
7. When you bake Pre-Heat your oven first
8. When coating your baking pans use Pam with flour. Makes nice even coating
9. When filling cake pans fill them 2/3 of the way full
10. Once your cake comes out of the oven put wax paper over it and when pan cools put cake rounds on and turn it over and let gravity flatten it for her
If you have any questions about a recipe, or if you'd like to talk with Linda about planning a special event, give her a call at 904-744-0822.
Copyright 2013 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.