1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. each Winn-Dixie chili
powder, kosher salt, sweet paprika
1/2 tsp. each freshly ground Winn-
Dixie black pepper, garlic powder,
mustard powder, onion powder
1/4 tsp. each cayenne, ground cumin
2 carrots, peeled, cut into large chunks
2 celery stalks, cut into large chunks
1 onion, cut into large chunks
One 8- to 10-lb. spiral-sliced ham
1/4 cup Winn-Dixie Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, mustard
powder, onion powder, cayenne, and cumin to blend.
2. Place carrots, celery, and onion in bottom of a roasting pan and set ham on top of vegetables. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours, or until ham
is warm through.
3. Remove ham from oven and increase oven temperature to 400°F. Remove and discard foil. Spread mustard all over top of ham. Pat sugarspice mixture over mustard. Bake ham for about 50 minutes, or until coating forms a crisp, dark brown crust.
4. Transfer ham to a platter to rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, strain any pan drippings into a tall, narrow container. Skim off any fat that rises to
surface of juices.
5. Serve ham, spooning reserved warm pan juices over slices.
Sugar-spice mixture can be made up to 1 week ahead, stored airtight at room temperature.