Watch for the Publix Kitchen segments on Thursdays during River City Live as they make these tasty recipes.
Click here to print the recipe
• Prepare Caramel Puffs and begin to bake (10 minutes)
• Preheat grill for burgers, then prepare dip through step 1 (30 minutes)
• Prepare burgers, then complete dip and puffs; serve (20 minutes)
EASY SMOKEHOUSE BURGERS
4 (1/3-lb) frozen burger patties
1 tablespoon barbecue rub or seasoning (such as brown sugar bourbon or mesquite)
1 package sliced smoked ham (9-10 oz)
8 slices smoked cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns
1/2 cup bread-and-butter pickle chips
2 cups smoky barbecue potato chips
4 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
1. Preheat grill (or grill pan). Season burgers with seasoning; divide ham into 4 even stacks. Place burgers and ham stacks on grill.
2. Grill burgers 6-8 minutes on each side and until 165°F. Grill ham stacks 2-3 minutes on each side or until hot and grill-marked. Place one ham stack on each burger patty; top with two slices cheese. 3. Toast buns on grill if desired. Place one burger on each bottom bun; top evenly with pickles and potato chips. Spread sauce onto each top bun, then place on top of burgers. Serve.
CREAMY PICKLE DIP
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 cup dill pickle chips, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup pickle juice
2 teaspoons garlic-spice paste
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper
Pretzel crisps or potato chips, optional for dipping
1. Place cream cheese in large bowl to soften. Chop shallot and pickles (reserve 1/4 cup pickle juice).
2. Place all ingredients (except pickles and chips) in bowl with cream cheese; beat with electric mixer until combined. Gently stir (fold) in pickles. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with pretzel crisps or potato chips for dipping.
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag butter (or cheddar) flavored puffed corn (3-4 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Combine in medium, nonstick saucepan over medium heat: butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Bring mixture to a boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, or until mixture blends and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
2. Place puffs in large bowl. Pour butter mixture over puffs; toss to coat (mixture will be VERY HOT). Arrange puffs in single layer on baking sheet; bake on center rack 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time. Let stand to cool 5 minutes before serving. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1 serving each recipe) 1450kcal; FAT 96.00g; SAT FAT 44.00g; TRANS FAT 1.00g; CHOL 270mg; SODIUM 3120mg; CARB 89g; FIBER 0.00g; SUGARS 34g; PROTEIN 56g; CALC 26%; VITA 0%; VIT C 0%; IRON 36%
Easy Smokehouse Burgers
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 890kcal; FAT 54.00g; SAT FAT 23.00g; TRANS FAT 0.00g; CHOL 175mg; SODIUM 1930mg; CARB 49g; FIBER 0.00g; SUGARS 9g; PROTEIN 51g; CALC 20%; VITA 0%; VIT C 0%; IRON 30%
Creamy Pickle Dip
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 220kcal; FAT 20.00g; SAT FAT 11.00g; TRANS FAT 0.50g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 890mg; CARB Sg; FIBER 0.00g; SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 4g; CALC 4%; VITA 0%; VIT C 0%; IRON 0%
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 22.00g; SAT FAT 10.00g; TRANS FAT 0.50g; CHOL 40mg; SODIUM 300mg; CARB 35g; FIBER 0.00g; SUGARS 22g; PROTEIN 1g; CALC 2%; VITA 0%; VIT C 0%; IRON 6%