Watch for the Publix Kitchen segments on Thursdays during River City Live as they make these tasty recipes.
Click here to print the recipe
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled, grated, and divided
12 cloves fresh garlic, grated and divided
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
Large zip-top bag
7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
4 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
8 tablespoons queso fresco (4 oz), crumbled and divided
2 limes, for juice
2 small jalapeno peppers, chopped
8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
8 large fresh basil leaves
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
1. Cut pork into bite-size cubes; place in zip-top bag (wash hands). Add to zip-top bag: 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, 2 tablespoons oil, smoked paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Let stand to marinate.
2. Preheat grill (or grill pan). Remove husks and silk from corn. Place corn in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, crumble queso fresco, squeeze limes for juice (2 tablespoons}, and chop jalapenos (remove seeds and membrane, if desired).
3. Thread pork onto skewers (wash hands). Coat corn with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill pork and corn 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until corn is tender and pork is 145°F.
4. Place basil leaves, cilantro, jalapenos, 2 tablespoons queso fresco, mayonnaise, lime juice, water, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoons oil, and 1 tablespoon each garlic and ginger in blender (or food processor); blend until smooth.
5. Remove skewers from pork. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons Ajf Verde over each ear of corn; top with remaining 6 tablespoons queso fresco. Serve pork with remaining Ajf Verde and corn.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 590kcal; FAT 41.00g; SAT FAT 8.00g; TRANS FAT 0.00g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 1020mg; CARB 26g; FIBER 3.00g; SUGARS 7g; PROTEIN 31g; CALC 15%; VITA 0%; VIT C 0%; IRON 10%