JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Whether you're new to the area or a Jacksonville native, chances are you’ve got a favorite place in town to grab a doughnut.
That'll come in handy Friday as bakeries across the area celebrate National Doughnut Day. While they're not all offering special deals, we've compiled a list of the best places to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- America's Donuts: You won't have to go far to snag a free sweet treat. America's Donuts on Main Street in Jacksonville is offering each customer a free glazed doughnut.
- Cinotti's Bakery: OK, so you can't get a free doughnut at Cinotti's, but the Jacksonville Beach bakery is rolling out pumpkin doughnuts by the dozen for the occasion.
- Dunkin': We know, we know -- this is a national chain, not a local doughnut destination. But you can score a free classic doughnut by buying a beverage on Friday.
- Farmhouse Chicken & Donuts: This Middleburg eatery is offering discounts on popular doughnuts, but you'll have to visit in person to find out more about these deals.
- Good Dough: It's tough to resist the decadent treats at this San Marco spot, especially when they're giving out free mini doughnuts (one per person, while supplies last).
- Krispy Kreme: Again, not a local place, but still oh so good. You can help Krispy Kreme achieve its (very attainable) goal of giving away 1 million free doughnuts on Friday.
- Sara’s Bakery Café: Everyone loves BOGO doughnuts! Go get yours on Friday!
- Sweet Theory: If there's a better place to get a vegan doughnut, we're all ears. Sweet Theory doesn't have any deals, but they're planning to make a "lot of extra doughnuts."
- The Mini Bar: You can get a free Bold Bean coffee with any purchase. Plus, you could win free doughnuts and coffee for a year by donating to their clothes and food drive.
Admittedly, we're drooling just looking at this list, but we're sure there's more doughy goodness going on. So if we missed your favorite bakery or a special promotion, let us know in the comments below.