Man Accused In DJ Attack Pleads Not Guilty
Friends Say Victim Has Left State
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A man accused of attacking a nightclub disc jockey and gouging out his eyes pleaded not guilty on Monday morning to charges of aggravated battery and armed robbery.
Foster Leon, 30, was arrested last month in New Orleans by the U.S. Marshals Service. He was extradited to Jacksonville and being held on $500,000 bond.
Police said Leon attacked 39-year-old Anthony Blakely late one July night as the DJ was leaving the Starlite Café on Park Street.
According to a police report, Blakely had life-threatening injuries and both of his eyes were protruding from his face.
Police were able to name Leon as a suspect in the attack and obtained an arrest warrant for him.
Friends of the victim said he may have got into a dispute with Leon over a girl. They said once Blakely was released from the hospital, he moved out of the state.
- August 15, 2008: Man Accused In DJ Attack Arrested In La.
- August 14, 2008: Police Search For Man Accused Of Cutting Out DJ's Eyes
Copyright 2011 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.