Jacksonville's Celebrity Dancers Perform Saturday
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Children?s Chorus is partnering with A Social Affair Dance Studio to host the event.
It will be held at the Jacoby Symphony Hall in the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts beginning at 7 p.m.
The event will feature local celebrities partnered with professional dancers from A Social Affair Dance Studio who will be competing for the title, Jacksonville?s favorite dancer.
The local celebrity participants include:
- Ayesha Faines - reporter for WJXT Channel 4
- Amanda Warford - reporter for Action News
- Bruce Jones - pastor of Southside United Methodist Church
- Craig Smith - owner of Alhambra Dinner Theatre
- Frank Patterson - lieutenant, Jacksonville Fire & Rescue
- Janet Herrick - CEO/president of Onsite Environmental Consulting
- Lucy Talley - publisher of the Florida Times-Union
- Marge Hutton - chair for Clay County Chamber of Commerce & Orange Park councilwoman
- Marsha Oliver - owner of O. Communications
- Mike McGovern - AVP cost and economic analysis, CSX Transportation
The celebrities participating are competing for votes, which, in turn, raises money for the Jacksonville Children?s chorus.
Fifty percent of the votes will be from the panel judges. The remaining will come from the audience and public by voting with cash contributions. Votes are $1 each.
Pre-purchased votes will be placed in the celebrity star ballot boxes before the competition begins. Tickets are $25, $50, $75 or $150 and can be purchased online, by pone or by mail.
Visit the event website at Social Affair Dance Studios
Copyright 2011 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.