Join Saturday?s International Coastal Clean-Up
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – You can help clean protect our ocean, lakes and rivers during International Coastal Clean-up.
The city of Jacksonville?s Keep Jacksonville Beautiful Commission and Clean It Up encourages volunteers to participate in this event.
Keep Jacksonville Beautiful will be on hand to help volunteers as they pick up trash that threatens wildlife and waterways.
Advance registration is not required. Site captains will register volunteers and give out bags and gloves. Free T-Shirts will be available while supplies last.
- 7-9 a.m. - oceanfront at Beach Boulevard and Atlantic Boulevard
- 7-11 a.m. - Jacksonville Beach Pier, 503 First St. N.
- 8-10 a.m. - Naval Station Mayport - Jetties Pavilion #13 (Volunteers must have or arrange for base access.)
- 9-11 a.m. - Tillie Fowler Regional Park, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Northbank Riverwalk - Parking along Jackson Street by the YMCA, 221 Riverside Ave.
- Memorial Park, 1620 Riverside Ave.
- ? Yacht Basin Park, 2941 St. Johns Ave.
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, 500 Wonderwood Road (Volunteers must arrive by 10 a.m.)
- Henry Klutho Park, 635 3rd Street
- Helen Cooper Floyd Park (Little Jetties), 3600 State Route A1A
- Hogan Creek - parking behind Jacksonville Historical Society, 314 Palmetto Street
- Blue Cypress Park, 4012 University Blvd. N.
- Ft. Caroline National Memorial, 12713 Fort Caroline Road
- Reddie Point Preserve, 4499 Yachtsman Way
- Riverview Community/Senior Center/Park, 9620 Water Street
- Huguenot Memorial Park, 10980 Heckscher Drive
- Joe Carlucci Boat Ramp, 8414 Heritage River Road - one mile off of Heckscher Drive
Participants must be over the age of 18 or accompanied by an adult. Participants should also wear sturdy footwear, gloves and sun protection. Bring plenty of drinking water and wash hands after cleaning.
In St. Augustine, Keepers of the Coast is recruiting volunteers for the International Coastal Clean-up. The community-wide effort will be held Saturday from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Frank Butler Park West beach park on Riverside Boulevard in St. Augustine.
Volunteers are encouraged to wear cool clothing and lots of sunscreen. Keepers of the Coast will provide trash bags, data cards, gloves and bottled water.
Copyright 2011 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.