Jacksonville Family Loses Home To Fire
Family Left For Walk, Came Home To Smoke
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Nesbitt family had left their home on Thursday night to go for a walk. When they got back, the house and everything inside had gone up in flames.
"Toys, clothes, games, everything gone. Clothes, all we have is clothes on our backs," said Valore Nesbitt.
"My whole life is in that house -- high school memories, my diploma was in there, pictures," said 18-year-old Deshay Nesbitt.
The Red Cross is assisting the family with a place to stay, but the Nesbitts are worried about how their two youngest children will be able to go to school Friday.
"All I can do is hope and pray that things get better before they get worse. All I can do is pray," Deshay said.
Jacksonville Fire and Rescue is calling the fire accidental. The family is thankful that no one was injured.
Copyright 2011 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.