After the flood: DCPS employees return to work
Malfunctioned sprinkler damages Duval County School Board meeting room
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Tuesday evening's Duval County School Board meeting was relocated to the Schultz Center for Teaching and Leadership after a sprinkler malfunction flooded the board room.
All six floors of the building were evacuated midday Tuesday and power to the part of the building was shut off as a precaution. The fire department was called, but it was determined that there was no smoke or fire. Firefighters helped pump water out of the first floor.
Duval County schools spokeswoman Jill Johnson said all employees would report to work Wednesday since the damage was only to the board room.
Copyright 2012 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.