An athlete's ideal beverage
Ideal for post-workout recovery:
- It's 90 percent water, which helps replace fluids and rehydrate the body
- Calcium, Vitamin D and phosphorus help promote, maintain and build strong bones
- Carbohydrates fuel muscles during exercise and help muscles recover after exercise
- Potassium helps with fluid and mineral balance and muscle contraction
- B vitamins help convert food to energy to fuel working muscles
When to refuel:
- Drink 16 ounces of chocolate milk within 30 minutes of completing your workout, practice or competition.
- Refuel with chocolate milk between double training sessions and closely scheduled competitions.
- Include chocolate milk in your daily diet. Good nutrition can make a big difference in your performance.