Arlington apartment fire displaces man from home

Photo does not have a caption

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A man was displaced from his home in Oakwood Village Apartments on Kona Avenue after it caught fire Thursday evening.

When the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames inside the apartment.

Crews said the fire started in the kitchen and then moved to the air conditioning system. It took firefighters about 10 minutes to put out the flames.

The fire caused moderate damage to the kitchen and a significant amount of damage to the ceilings.

The Red Cross was contacted and is now helping the man.

About the Author: