Woman suffers burns in Southside house fire
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A woman suffered burns and smoke inhalation in a house fire on the Southside on Thursday morning.
Firefighters were called to the home in the 9700 block of Nimitz Court.
The woman's sister-in-law, Vanya Arcusa, said the fire was sparked by an electrical short in the back of the house.
She said the woman managed to get all her cats out safely, but is now being treated at the UF Health Burn Center in Gainesville.
Neighbors helped the woman before firefighters arrived.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.