UNF building evacuated after water heater spark
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A building on the University of North Florida campus was evacuated Tuesday after a plumbing leak caused a spark in a water heater, which set off a fire alarm.
Firefighters were called to Brooks Brown Hall about 11 a.m.
The plumbing leak was in an exam room of Student Health Services. University Physical Facilities was assessing the damage.
Faculty, staff and students were allowed back in the building a short time later.
The building's auditorium, room 1028, was being cleaned for water damage. Students who have a scheduled class in the room were asked to check with their professor on a new room location for Tuesday.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.