Duval County names 15 teacher-of-year finalists
15 educators advance to next selection round for EDDY Awards
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Fifteen Duval County public school teachers were named semi-finalists for the 2015 Florida Blue Teacher of the Year.
The 15 were picked from those nominated by every public school in Duval County. From the semifinalists, five finalists will be selected and announced in February.
From those five, the winner will be named 2015 Florida Blue Teacher of the Year at the EDDY Awards on March 11, an initiative of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund.
The semi-finalists for 2015 are:
- Natalie Blackburn, Louis Sheffield Elementary
- Christianne Blumberg, LaVilla School of the Arts
- Julie Bochese, Windy Hill Elementary
- Michael Bostic-Jones, William M. Raines High
- Danita Clark, Pinedale Elementary
- Lori Crafton, Mayport Elementary
- C. Suzanne Evans, Fishweir Elementary
- Beth Gannon, Lone Star Elementary
- Donna Guthrie, Jacksonville Beach Elementary
- Sabrina Hall, Andrew Jackson High
- Kifimbo Holloway-Parnell, Kirby-Smith Middle
- Jane Monks, Mount Herman Exceptional Student Center
- Ashley Russell, Chets Creek Elementary
- Jill Sullivan, Mayport Coastal Science Middle
- Terry Woodlief, Central Riverside Elementary
The EDDY Awards have evolved over the last few years into a year-long initiative building a network of strong teachers who are leaders in the community and who work to improve our schools, accelerate student achievement and elevate the teaching profession.
Tickets to the March awards are available at eddyawardsjax.org.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.