The Players has new merchandise for fans to choose from
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – This year, The Players is showing off some new exciting merchandise for fans to choose from. Here are a few highlights:
• The Players Signature Silk Tie – Made in the USA from Vineyard Vines
• Build Your Own Sunglasses – Step up to the Oakley Lounge, located within The Benefactor tent (ticket required), to build your favorite frame colors and lens options to match your personality. Have a favorite team in mind? Match those colors to support them as well.
• Championship Sunday is Pink Out Day at The Players – Fans are encouraged to wear pink in Celebration of Mother's Day and in support of the 26.2 DONNA Foundation. A wide choice of pink apparel for men, women and children is available in the Shop on course.
• Looking for a unique gift? How about sterling silver cuff links or a man's wallet made with golf balls recovered from the water surrounding the 17th green at TPC Sawgrass. Each gift has been authenticated by the PGA TOUR.
• Clothing to help outfit fans for the various themed days during the week:
o Military Tuesday
o Throw Back Thursday
o Plaid Friday
o Crazy Pants Saturday
o Pink Out Sunday
Other unique merchandise options include beverage insulators, PLAYERS branded cell phone and more.
The Shop, is a great place to gear up for The Players and buy those 2015-specific items that won't last long once the crowds arrive. New in 2015, this 13,000 square foot tent, located near the Nicklaus Gate entrance, features 15 top brands in golf. The Shop features a limited edition Players section, extensive headwear section and a pink section for Championship Sunday's Pink Out.
The Players shop is located at the Nicklaus Gate (Behind the 17th Tee) and there is more merchandise available at the TPC Sawgrass Golf Shop in the Clubhouse. There will be a mobile merchandise unit located by the practice facility from May 5-7, and the 17th hole from May 7-10.
Fans save 10 percent at merchandise tents with their MasterCard.
• Give your viewers/readers a Shopping Guide on what to buy and remind them that dated items tend to sell out first, so get the retro gear early in the week!
• Go Pink or Go Home: Check out some of the great pink merchandise available at The Players. We can get you access to the merchandise to give readers/fans a PINK OUT 101: step-by-step instructions on how to go pink for Championship Sunday.
• Interview PGA TOUR Senior Manager of Merchandising and Buying, Katy Guarneri, on what it takes to stock THE PLAYERS Shops and find out what the best sellers are during tournament week.
• Use this as an opportunity to do a (good natured) what-not-to-wear segment. Pick a fashionably challenged fan and give him/her a golf makeover in The Players Shops. Or give viewers/readers a top 10 best/worst things to wear to The Players. We can help with suggestions!
• Visit The Shop, a great place to gear up for The Players and buy those 2015-specific items that won't last long once the crowds arrive. New in 2015, this 13,000 square foot tent, located near the Nicklaus Gate entrance, features 15 top brands in golf.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.