Westside family displaced after house fire
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A family is without a home after a fire Sunday night at a residence on Jacksonville's Westside.
It happened at a home on Jason Drive off of Blanding Boulevard.
Fire rescue crews said the fire began after a lit cigarette was not properly extinguished, and set the living room couch on fire.
Investigators said there were two women inside the house at the time of the fire. Both made it out safely.
The home is a total loss. The American Red Cross will be helping the family with living arrangements.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.